Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Happy Birthday Ramblings!!!!!


Oprah Winfrey said, "The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate."

Guatemalan Proverb - "Everyone is the age of their heart"

Abraham Lincoln said,  "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."


Hello everyone, and welcome to the 1st Anniversary celebration for my little baby, Ramblings of a 138.  Yes, it's a virtual party, but I'm still glad you could make it.  After all, it is the 21st century!!  It has been an incredible year for me.  I hope this little blog has been a slice of your heaven as well.

Some history before we move on.  Many of you are wondering.  Ramblings began as a personal journey for me.  It was a journal I kept, completely uncensored and unabridged, for my eyes only.  I would spend hours typing away, spewing forth whatever came to mind.  It was a way for me to find order when my thoughts were, well.......out of order.  It was therapeutic and just plain fun.  At some point I decided that perhaps my little blips might actually be entertaining or thought-provoking.  From that little thought was born my first blog, which, thanks to whoever hosted the darn thing, is now vanished in cyber space.  About 45 entries of my earliest ramblings are gone.  But that's ok.  It's probably just as well.  From THAT little fiasco was born what you're reading today:  at present, 65 little quips of what crosses my mind on a daily basis.  Frightening as that may be, it's the real me laid bare.  It's not raw like the original journal because, after all, it's a public sight, but when you read this you peek into my soul.  Be kind.

Ok so for the 138 thing.  I LOVE that number now, although it was random at first.  For starters it truly serves it's purpose in that it always provokes a question.  "What's the 138 about?"  At first it was about nothing in particular, but a year of searching has brought it so much more meaning.  I was at the fire station one night surfing the "net".  I don't remember how I got started exactly, but I took a very short IQ test that most 2nd Graders could pass.  At the end, VOILA!, it said my IQ was 138.  Those of you that know me realize that isn't true. 38 would be closer, but I thought it was funny nonetheless. And of course, as blog titles go, it was WAY easier than Ramblings of a Middle-Aged Slightly Overweight Bald Guy.  You get the picture.  I have now come to recognize 138 as 13 with a vertical "infinity" sign.  I see it in various places and a person who actually swears this number has followed him everywhere wants to turn one of my writings into a children's book.  The longer I'm here, the more I see that the 138 isn't so random.

We've covered alot in the last year, you and I.  We've discussed politics, religion, love, quantum physics, old people, young people, poetry and so much more.  We've rung in a new decade together and even enjoyed some music.  And as I've mentioned, there may even be a book in the making.  It truly has been the most amazing year in terms of my search.  Each and every one of you that read, followed or left comments have helped me grow in ways I couldn't have imagined only a year ago.  Every day, I open my site with child-like anticipation of who may have signed-on or commented.  Writing is my true passion.

So, that being said, here's what you can expect for the next year.  First, you won't see me begging for followers.  I'd love to have more, but I realized it goes against the true essence of my writing.  I'm so thankful for the ones that I have and I've asked the universe for more.  It's all taken care of.  I'll have as many as I'm supposed to have.....no more, no less.  Second, you may have already noticed the new template.  New year, new look.  Also, as I begin to learn more about the capabilities of my blog site, I plan to add links to my favorite blogs or other websites of interest.  So as you stop by to read while drinking your morning coffee, you can click away to other places I find enjoyful. ;-)  I'm also looking into the possibility of adding some advertising.  I haven't made peace with that thought yet, but don't be surprised if you find little links to products or services I support.  An artist's gotta eat!

Lastly, and this may be the most important change of all, I'm feeling a shift in the theme of my writing.  A new president or major catastrophy of some kind may steer me temporarily from my path, but in general, I'm easing away from topics as controversial as politics and religion.  I love discussing them, but to tell you the truth, there are just other things way more important.   Everyone has their own opinion about everything and I won't now, nor have I ever, tried to convert people to one way of thinking or another.  It just takes too much energy.    Instead, I have plans to start a series on four topics close to my heart (or my back); Peace, Love, Joy, and Harmony.   I have NO idea how they'll come about or what I'll say, but I know those four pieces need written.  Will there be other topics interlaced amongst the series.  Perhaps.  Isn't this a fun ride?  Stay tuned.

So again, thank you from the bottom of my heart for letting me share the deepest recesses of "Matt".  I promise everything I write comes from a place of interest, love and joy.  At least that's what I'm shooting for.  I "pray" that you'll continue to enjoy, that you'll comment when you feel so moved and also that you'll become a follower (that wasn't begging!)  I am so honored to have the support of those so dear to me.  To infinity, and beyond!!!

Love and Light,
Matt

7 comments:

  1. Wow!

    What an honor it is to be one of your followers!!!

    Thank you so much, Matt, for sharing yourself with us...
    You will never know the impacts you have made on us throughout this past year...some minor and some major...but all of them valuable!!!

    Thank you again for your generosity in sharing your talent with the world. You make the world a much better place to live in. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Progeny of Light...March 30, 2010 at 10:53 AM

    And... just this morning after dropping my car off at the dealership I noticed the sign posted on a bridge claiming the height was 13 ft 8 inches... now that I think of it, that's a pretty common height for overpasses, isn't it? I was gonna take a pic and send it, but I figured you'd think I was nuts.. guess not!

    talk to you soon, sir...

    Love & Light Eternal

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peace, Love, Joy, and Harmony -- 4 of my favorite topics too!

    I can't wait to read more!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Matt

    I have enjoyed your blog today. You have a beautiful, gut level honest, and refreshingly genuine writing style. I respect and appreciate your transparency. It is rare and valuable.
    I'll be transparent with you too. I am hesitant to write comments here because I am not sure where you (and others) will draw the line between me "expressing my thoughts" and me "pressing/forcing those beliefs on others". Even if the topics gravitate away from religion, my religion colors every corner of my life, my thoughts, my feelings, and my soul! It will always surface and flavor everything I say and do. It is who I am. And it makes me love people! People I would otherwise have nothing to say to and care nothing about. I love them infinitely - deeply - and ontologically! I don't want points for persuasiveness or eloquence or persuasion. I want to share my deepest joy! Is it safe?

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is my utmost desire that this venue is safe for all. I welcome your comments Cathy. Welcome aboard.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey I made it...where is the Cake and someone jumping out of it? BTW I love Song #2 =) The Road Goes on Forever....very fitting for my life, in a way. I never shot anyone or owned a gun hehe, but crazy nontheless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes Matt, you always 'had' it! Congratulations on finding the way that expresses who you are and what you are in a way that will inspire and help others! Great to hear from you.
    Shirl

    ReplyDelete