Saturday, April 4, 2009

New World Order


Maybe I've been watching the wrong newscast. Maybe I've been reading the wrong paper or flipping past the right channel, but I am AMAZED that I haven't heard a louder roar from the religious far right concerning the G20 summit. Unless you've been living under a rock for the last 50 years, this reaks of what people would call......."a new world order."
I'm no expert on this by any means, but what I understand is that, from a biblical perspective, a one-world government lead by the anti-christ (presumably our new president Obama) is one of the classic signs of Armageddon . It's quite a stretch to see a summit which deals with global economics as a worldly government. But it doesn't take much imagination or fanaticism to see it as a huge step in that direction.
Granted, I have heard a few rumblings of Obama being the "charismatic leader who evolves from the great sea" (some believe "the sea" to be politics), aka, the anti-christ, but where the heck are my new world order people?
I'm not trying to invite a religious debate here (well, ok, MAYBE), but first of all, there is no person coming as the antichrist. If there were, I'd have a 666 tattooed somewhere on me right now. Second, it doesn't take a brain surgeon to predict the end of the world. Now it WOULD take a lucky guess to predict how or when, but IF? Heck, my 11 year old can figure that one out. Millions of species have perished from earth. You remember......dinasaurs? We won't be exempt from extinction either, but it won't be based on an economic summit. Furthermore, earth won't be here forever. Perhaps a very very very very long time. But not for eternity. We're part of a small solar system in an ever-expanding universe bigger than you can get your mind around. Sooner or later....we're toast.
I am continually amazed at the people in an uproar about global economics. Sure there are jobs going to India and just about everywhere else you can think of. Some of them are coming here too. It's like this. When the world was larger (pre internet), you had to decide if you wanted to work in Denver or Chicago. I have already explained to my daugher that by the time she reaches college, she'll be deciding whether she wants to work in Dallas, New Delhi, or Tokyo. That isn't a BAD thing. It's a GLOBAL thing. The more populous we become and the smaller our world gets through technology, the more global we'll get. You can't stop it. Its the natural order of things.
Should we build a wall on the Texas border? Sure, go ahead. But I promise you it'll do nothing to prevent a world economy, world market, or a melting pot of people. Give us another couple hundred years and every person will be a nice light shade of brown. The world's borders are crumbling. And to be honest, I think they have to if we're to survive long as a species. Do you really think the solution is to build giant walls around every country and start little communes? It won't happen......at least not successfully.
You can be frightened by our changing world. You can resist it. You can curse it. You may even embrace it. But I know one thing for sure. You better get your mind wrapped around it. It's coming.......it's already here.

1 comment:

  1. What can I say? I agree with you 100%. You are absolutely correct. OK, my brother Bryce would have loved this. He was always going on about the NWO. He never shut up about it. He drove us all crazy.

    Change the things you can change and accept the things that you can't.

    ReplyDelete