Monday, January 21, 2019

Let Me Stay





“Love, it never dies. It never goes away, it never fades, so long as you hang on to it. Love can make you immortal”
― Gayle Forman


Let me stay, 
Just one more day.
Let me see who I can help today.

A loving touch,
A gentle hand.
Let me search throughout the land.

Let me stay,
Just one more day,
To help someone along their way.

A hungry child,
a lonely heart.
Let me give them a new start.

Let me stay,
I beg of you.
Please, let me stay, 
To start anew.

Let me stay, 
Just one more day.
One more sunrise,
One more chance at play.

A lot to ask,
By chance at best.
If I can stay,
I'll help the rest.

Please, if you can,
Please, let me stay.
Just let me stay,
Just one more day.

~ Matthew Leatherwood ~
   

1 comment:

  1. I hope the Universe is listening. I kind of like having you around... even if you did move forty billion miles away.

    ReplyDelete