Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Robert Frost I Ain't



They say there is peace and serenity in being alone, yet it eludes me.

That there is comfort in the company of close friends, though I have but a few.

That there is nothing like the pride of being a father and dad, yet I only succeed from a distance.

Nothing still like the true love of just one other, yet pain accompanies the risk loving entails.

There is a dark place in me that only I can find, where only I can go, and only I can escape.

True failure only comes from failing to try, yet trying becomes harder with each failure.

Yet try I must, for in three words, IT GOES ON.  Precious life, but one, goes on and on, taking with it only

those who continue to fight, continue to try, continue to love, continue to learn, continue to grow.

Happiness hovers in the shadows still of this life, waiting only for the sunshine of a new day to shed light upon

what is yet to come.

Keep breathing in and out, in and out, in and out.  You never know what the tide may bring. What a new

dawn promises, what a new day envelopes.

Go forth with open eyes, an open heart and an open soul.

With each second the universe gets larger, the world smaller, and I more insignificant yet more unique.

Breathe in, breathe out.  The warmth of a new sun is but hours away.

1 comment: