Monday, November 16, 2009

The Great Lakes Swimmers




I posted these lyrics previously on my old blog, but thought they deserved another look. Enjoy.




I was lost in the lakes

And the shape that your body makes,

That your body makes.


And the mountains said I could find you here,

They whisper the snow and the leaves in my ear.

I traced my finger along your trails.

Your body was the map.

I was lost in there.


Floating over your rocky spine,

The glaciers made you and now you’re mine.

I was moving across your frozen veneer.

The sky was dark,

But you were clear.

Could you feel my footsteps?

And would you shatter, would you shatter?

Would you?


Your soft fingers between my claws,

Like purity against resolve.

I could tell then there that we were formed from the clay,

And came from the rocks for earth to display.



They told me to be careful up there,

Where the wind rages through your hair.


-The Great Lakes Swimmers-

No comments:

Post a Comment